Areas of Expertise and Research
Economic Analysis and Assessment of Water Scarcity, Hydrologic-Economic Modeling
PhD-Student within the UFZ Integrated Project (IP) Water Scarcity:
- Modeling of economic costs and damages in the agricultural sector: Coupling of spatio-temporally distributed output units of the mesoscale Hydrologic Model (mHM; Samaniego, Kumar & Attinger, 2010) with various crop yields using econometric methods.
- The coupling serves as basis for socio-economic analysis and assessment of soil moisture as production factor in the agricultural sector.
- This project is a mutual and interdisciplinary approach of the Departments Economics and CHS
since October 2017: ClimAlert
- Tutorial: Sustainability and Development Economics
- Seminar: Socio-economic Aspects of Sustainability
- Tutorial: Economic Valuation, Cost-Benefit and Risk Analysis
- Seminar: Special Topics in Environmental and Resource Economics
- Seminar: Ecological Economics
- Tutorial: Models in Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Seminar: Principals in Environmental Policy
- Seminar: Environmental Management 1
Peichl, M., Thober, S., Meyer, V., and Samaniego, L.: The effect of soil moisture anomalies on maize yield in Germany, Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 18, 889-906, https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-18-889-2018, 2018.
Peichl, M. (2018): Economic Assessment of Climate Change Impacts on Crop Yield. Economics Research Colloquium, Martin-Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
Peichl, M., Thober, S., Schwarze, R., Meyer, V., Samaniego, L., (2016): Soil Moisture Anomaly as Predictor of Crop Yield Deviation in Germany. European Geoscienses Union General Assembly (EGU) Vienna, Austria.
Peichl, M., Thober, S., Meyer, V., Samaniego, L., (2017): The Effect of Soil Moisture Anomalies on Maize Yield in Germany, Econometric Models of Climate Change at Nuffieleld College, University of Oxford, UK.
Peichl, M., Meyer, V., Thober, S., Samaniego, L., Schwarze, R, (2015): Soil Moisture Anomaly as Predictor of Crop Yield Deviation in Germany. Higrade-Conference, UFZ, Leipzig, Germany.
Peichl, M., Meyer, V., Thober, S., Samaniego, L. (2015): Soil Moisture as an Estimator of Crop Yield in Germany. European Geoscienses Union General Assembly (EGU) Vienna, Austria.
Peichl, M. (2013): The Economic Assessment of Water Scarcity - Direct costs in the agricultural sector of Germany. REKLIM Workshop 2014, Bad Salzschlirff, Germany.