Locations and directions
The Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research is a limited liability company (GmbH). The head office and main research base for the company's operations is in Leipzig. Besides Leipzig, the UFZ scientists carry out their environenmental research at the locations at Halle, Magdeburg, Bad Lauchstädt (Experimental fields), and Falkenberg (Lysimeter station).
04318 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 235-1269
From Leipzig Central Station, take the No. 3/3E (Direction "Sommerfeld" or "Taucha"). After about 15 minutes alight at stop "Torgauer/ Permoserstraße", cross the street and take the street Permoserstraße in eastern direction. After about 200 metres you will find the main entrance of the UFZ.
For your information:
Travel Service Information of the German Railway
On the A14 motorway, take the exit marked "Leipzig-Ost" and head towards Stadtzentrum (City Centre).
A taxi from Leipzig Central Station to the UFZ will cost about EURO 13.
The fare from Leipzig-Halle Airport is about EURO 42.
From Leipzig/Halle Airport, take the train (regional express) to the Leipzig Central Station (3,20 Euros one-way). From the Central Station, take No. 3 (heading for "Sommerfeld") or No. 13 (heading for "Taucha")
06120 Halle, Germany
Phone +49 345 558-50
- Driving on the A14 motorway, take the Halle / Peißen exit, then turn on to the B100 highway towards Halle Zentrum.
- After having passed the town sign, follow the road until you get to the Dessauer Straße crossroads and turn left. Bear left immediately after the railway crossing, continuing to follow the direction Halle Zentrum.
- Follow the main road, take the Eisleben exit (B80) and turn left into Magdeburger Straße after about 100 metres. After about another 200 metres you will get to the Riebeckplatz roundabout. Take the first road on your right (Franckestraße) towards Eisleben / Halle-Neustadt (B80)
- This will lead you onto the fly-over crossing the River Saale. Take the Peißnitz exit and turn right into Gimritzer Damm
- Follow the road and pass the traffic lights on Weinbergweg. You will see the U-shaped UFZ building on your left. Go past this building, make a U turn and turn right on to the campus. Continue until you reach the UFZ building.
- Take the western exit at the main station, then tram No. 4 or 5 (direction Kröllwitz). Alight at the Straßburger Weg stop.
- The journey takes about 20 min (details www.havag.de).
Approximate cost from Halle main station to UFZ - 10 Euros
Approximate cost from Leipzig/Halle airport to UFZ - 60 Euros
Phone +49 391 810-9101
- On the A2 motorway, take the exit "Magdeburg-Zentrum" or coming from the A14, take the exit "Magdeburg Sudenberg", then drive along Magdeburger Ring
- take the exit "Universität/Zentrum Nord" into the "Albert Vater-Str." (B1), cross the river Elbe two times and then turn right into "Turmschanzenstraße"
- follow the corresponding signage and turn left into the entry of the Social Ministry and UFZ
By public transport
Leave the railway station at the main entrance (direction east) and go right across the parking place in the direction City Hotel. Cross the street at the hotel and follow the street "Hasselbachstraße" until the intersection with traffic lights. Take the tram No. 6 towards "Herrenkrug" and step off at the stop "Heumarkt". Then follow the street in direction of the tram and cross the street to the left. After a two minutes walk the UFZ is easily visible on the left-hand side.
A taxi from the railway station to the UFZ cost approximately 15 EUR
German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) Halle-Jena-Leipzig
mit den Dept. Ecosystem Services,
Dept. Physiological Diversity,
WG Spatial Interaction Ecology
Experimental Fields Bad Lauchstädt
Hallesche Straße 44
06246 Bad Lauchstädt, Germany
Phone +49 345 558-5393
39615 Altmärkische Wische OT Falkenberg, Germany
Phone +49 391 810-9770
Drivers can reach the Falkenberg site via the A 14 Leipzig - Halle - Magdeburg - Colbitz - Dolle (as far as it is ready).
In Dolle you will be directed onto the B189 and follow it via Stendal, Osterburg to 39615 Seehausen (Altmark). After 7 km through the town you will reach 39615 Altmärkische Wische, Falkenberg 55 - this is the address. However, Falkenberg still stands on the sign at the entrance to the town.
The fastest way to get to Wittenberge by train is to travel to 19322 Wittenberge. There we usually pick up visitors from the station in Wittenberge. Otherwise you have to change here to a regional train in the direction of Stendal. The first stop is 39615 Seehausen (Altmark). Visitors are picked up from this station or have their bikes with them.
If you take the postcodes (PLZ) into account, you can easily reach the Falkenberg site.