Dr. Fanny Sarrazin
- Development of parsimonious hydrological models
- Nitrogen retention and degradation in soil and aquifer
- Assessment of the effect of climate and land cover change on hydrological variables
- Investigation of groundwater resources in karstic environments
- Sensitivity Analysis: advancement on the development and use of statistical techniques to assess the contribution of uncertainties to the output of numerical models (including the SAFE toolbox for sensitivity analysis)
since 01/2019: Postdoc at the UFZ, Leipzig, Germany - Helmholtz Reduced Complexity models (RedMod) project.
08/2018 - 11/2018: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Bristol, UK - Expanding the functionalities and developing a Python version of the SAFE toolbox for sensitivity analysis.
04/2014 - 09/2018: PhD studies in Water and Environmental Engineering, University of Bristol, UK - PhD thesis: "Understanding the sensitivity of karst groundwater recharge to climate and land cover changes at a large-scale".
09/2011 - 12/2013: MSc in Environmental and Land Planning Engineering (Laurea Magistrale), Politecnico di Milano, Italy (Double degree programme with Ecole Centrale de Lyon) - Master Thesis: "Land use changes in river floodplains - Analysis of Rivers Po and Oglio".
09/2009 - 03/2014: MSc in General Engineering (Diplôme d'ingénieur généraliste), Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France
09/2007 - 06/2009: 2-year programme to prepare for national competitive examinations to enter a « Grande Ecole » of Engineering (Classe préparatoire), Lycée Champollion, Grenoble, France (Main subjects: Mathematics and Physics)
- Pianosi F, Sarrazin F, Wagener T (in press) How successful is open-source research software adopted? Results and implications of surveying the users of a sensitivity analysis toolbox, Environ Model Softw. doi:
- Noacco V, Sarrazin F, Pianosi F, Wagener T (2019) Matlab/R workflows to assess critical choices in Global Sensitivity Analysis using the SAFE toolbox, MethodsX, 6, 2258-2280. doi:
- Sarrazin F, Hartmann A, Pianosi F, Rosolem R, Wagener T (2018) V2Karst v1.1: A parsimonious large-scale integrated vegetation-recharge model to simulate the impact of climate and land cover change in karst regions, Geosci Model Dev, 11(12): 4933-4964 , doi:10.5194/gmd-11-4933-2018
- Khorashadi Zadeh F, Nossent J, Sarrazin F, Pianosi F, Van Griensven A, Wagener T, Bauwens W (2017) Comparison of variance-based and moment-independent global sensitivity analysis approaches by application to the SWAT model, Environ Model Softw, 91:210–222, doi:10.1016/j.envsoft.2017.02.001
- Sarrazin F, Pianosi F, Wagener T (2017) An introduction to the SAFE Matlab Toolbox with practical examples and guidelines, In: Petropoulos G, Srivastava P (eds), Sensitivity Analysis in Earth Observation Modelling, Elsevier Inc., pp 363–378, doi:10.1016/B978-0-12-803011-0.00018-5
- Sarrazin F, Pianosi F, Wagener T (2016) Global Sensitivity Analysis of environmental models: Convergence and validation, Environ Model Softw 79:135–152, doi: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2016.02.005
- Pianosi F, Sarrazin F, Wagener T (2015) A Matlab toolbox for Global Sensitivity Analysis, Environ Model Softw 70:80–85. doi:10.1016/j.envsoft.2015.04.009
- A large-scale integrated karst-vegetation recharge model to understand the impact of climate and land cover change, European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2017, Vienna, Austria.
- What is the relative impact of climate and land use changes on groundwater recharge given subsurface heterogeneity?, Eurokarst 2016, Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
- Global Sensitivity Analysis of environmental models: Robustness, convergence and validation, British Hydrological Society Peter Wolf Symposium - Early Career Hydrologists’ Event 2015, Liverpool, UK.
- How does future groundwater recharge depend on climate, land cover and subsurface heterogeneities in the European and Mediterranean region?, European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2018, Vienna, Austria.
- To what extent do preferential flow pathways alter the impact of climate and land cover change on groundwater recharge?, American Geophysical Union Fall meeting 2016, San Francisco, USA.
- How much does subsurface heterogeneity alter the impact of climate and land use changes on groundwater recharge?, European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2016, Vienna, Austria.
- Does the relative impact of climate and land use changes on groundwater recharge vary depending on the degree of subsurface heterogeneity?, American Geophysical Union Fall meeting 2015, San Francisco, USA.
- Global Sensitivity Analysis of Environmental Models: Convergence, Robustness and Validation, European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2015, Vienna, Austria.
- Global Sensitivity Analysis of Environmental Models: Convergence, Robustness and Accuracy Analysis, American Geophysical Union Fall meeting 2014, San Francisco, USA.