Dr. Werner Brack
PD Dr. Werner Brack
Head of Department
Department Effect-Directed Analysis
Helmholtz Centre for
Environmental Research - UFZ
04318 Leipzig, Germany
phone +49 341 235 1531
Dr. Werner Brack
Effect-directed analysis (EDA) of complex environmental contamination including
- development and application of integrated procedures for the isolation and identification of toxicants in complex environmental mixtures such as sediments, soils, groundwater and surface waters,
- liquid and gas chromatographic fractionation methods,
- chemical analytical and computer tools for structure elucidation and toxicant identification,
- effect-directed assessment of environmental transformation processes (e.g. photochemical processes).
- Risk assessment of contaminants in aquatic ecosystems.
- Assessment of contaminated sediments and bioavailability of sediment-associated contaminants.
Head of the Department of Effect-Directed Analysis at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ
Co-ordinator of the EU-funded Integrated Project MODELKEY "Models for assessing and forecasting the impact of environmental key pollutants on freshwater and marine ecosystems and biodiversity”
1997 - 2005
Scientist at the Department of Chemical Ecotoxicology at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ
1992 - 1996
PhD at the University of Bayreuth, Chair of Ecological Chemistry (Prof Hutzinger), later Chair of Environmental Chemistry (Prof Frank). Topic: Ecotoxicological assessment of volatile components of landfill leachates
1985 - 1992
Study of geoecology at the University of Bayreuth with focus on Environmental Chemistry
You could use our publication index for further requests.