Environmental Sensor and Information Systems
Currently, internships and theses are awarded on the following subjects:
- Image processing (Stereoscopy)
- Data integration of multiparametric or rather cross-domain information
- Dielectric spectroscopy
- Microcontroller programming and hardware design
- Cross-scale modeling
- Development of optical sensor components
- Validation and analysis of remote sensing data
The working group focuses on the development of methods and techniques for the investigation of terrestrial systems.
The major objective is the development of observation concepts and the implementation of case studies in the field of digitalization. One of the core topics is the digital transformation in agriculture, especially with regard to adaptive measurement concepts for cross-scale sensing of heterogeneous systems. This includes, among others, the implementation of drought stress monitoring systems in special crops using wireless ad-hoc sensor networks for long-term observation of environmental parameters.
A further field of research in our group is the signal processing and data analysis of multiparametric or rather cross-domain information. Here, concepts such as the digital twin, but also algorithms of machine learning or AI research are applied.
In addition, we investigate innovative measuring concepts especially in the field of electromagnetic sensor technology and provide studies for the application under environmental conditions.
- Mitteldeutsche Innovationsregion Obstbau -
- Experimentierfeld zur datengetriebenen Vernetzung und Digitalisierung in der Landwirtschaft-
- Modular Observation Solutions for Earth Systems -
- TrophinOak and PhytOakmeter -
- Global Change Experimental Facility -
- The European Network for Observing Our Changing Planet -
- GreenEquityHEALTH -
- Wireless ad-hoc sensor networks for cal/val of remote-sensing-data -