Dr. Sohaib Aslam
Contact / Address:
Phone: +49 341 235-1696
Office: Building 1.0, Room 106
|2019-||Present: Humboldt Postdoc Research Fellow, UFZ|
|2013-2019||Assistant Professor, Forman Christian College, Lahore Pakistan|
|2009-2013||Ph. D. in Environmental Sciences, AgroParisTech, Paris, France|
|2008-2009||Master in Earth & Environmental Sciences, Aix-Marseille Université, Marseille, France|
|2003-2007||Bachelor in Soil Sciences, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad|
My research focuses on understanding fate processes of organic pollutants mainly pesticides. In my previous project, I studied the interaction of crop residues with different pesticides. More specifically, I studied how organic materials of plant origin can modify the sorption, degradation and transport of pesticides. In my current project, I am investigating the effect of mineral fertilizers on biodegradation pattern of glyphosate and formation of biogenic non-extractable residues in soil.
2. Iqbal, A., Aslam, S., Recous, S., Garnier, P., Benoit, P., 2015. Rain regime and soil type affect the C and N dynamics in soil columns that are covered with mixed-species mulche. Plant and Soil, 393 (1), 319-334.
3. Aslam, S., Iqbal, A., Deschamps, M., Recous, S., Garnier, P., Benoit, P., 2015. Effect of rain regimes and mulch decomposition on the dissipation and leaching of S-metolachlor and glyphosate: a soil column experiment. Pest management science, 71 (2), 278-291.
4. Aslam, S., Benoit, P., Chabauty, F., Bergheaud, V., Geng, C., Vieublé, L., Garnier, P., 2014. Modelling the impacts of maize decomposition on glyphosate dynamics in mulch. European Journal of Soil Science, 65, 231-247.
5. Aslam, S., Garnier, P., Rumpel, C., Parent, S.E., Benoit, P., 2013. Adsorption and desorption behavior of selected pesticides as influenced by decomposition of maize mulch. Chemosphere 91, 1447-1455.
6. Iqbal, M.F., Sufyan, M.A., Aziz, M.M., Zahid, I.A., Ghani, Q., Aslam, S., 2009. Efficacy of Nitrogen on green fodder yield and quality of Oat (Avena sativa L.). JAPS, Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 19, 82-84.
7. Iqbal, M.F., Maqbool, U., Asi, M.R., Aslam, S., 2007. Determination of pesticide residues in brinjal fruit at supervised trial. JAPS, Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 17, 21-23.