|2015 November-||PhD student at the UFZ|
|2012 September- 2015 July||Master of Science, Institute of Urban Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xiamen (Beijing), China|
|2008 September- 2012 June||Bachelor of Science, School of the Environment, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China|
My research focuses on behaviors and impact of antibiotics on the environmental dimension, including microbial degradation of antibiotics under aerobic and anaerobic conditions and distribution of antibiotic resistance determinants (genes and proteins). The model antibiotics I am studying on are sulfonamides, especially sulfamethoxazole which is frequently detected in wastewater treatment plants, surface water and cattle farm. Protein stable isotope probing is the powerful method I am adopting for analysis of antibiotic-degrading bacteria community in soil.
My aim is to provide more information on elimination of antibiotics in the environment and mitigate propagation of antibiotic resistance.
- Wang, H., N. Sangwan, H.-Y. Li, J.-Q. Su, W.-Y. Ouyang, Z.-J. Zhang, J. A. Gilbert, Y.-G. Zhu, F. Ping and H.-L. Zhang (2017). "The antibiotic resistome of swine manure is significantly altered by association with the Musca domestica larvae gut microbiome." The ISME journal 11(1): 100.
- Xu, L., W. Ouyang, Y. Qian, C. Su, J. Su and H. Chen (2016). "High-throughput profiling of antibiotic resistance genes in drinking water treatment plants and distribution systems." Environmental pollution 213: 119-126.
- Su, J., W. Ouyang, Y. Hong, D. Liao, S. Khan and H. Li (2016). "Responses of endophytic and rhizospheric bacterial communities of salt marsh plant (Spartina alterniflora) to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons contamination." Journal of soils and sediments 16(2): 707-715.
- Su, J.-Q., B. Wei, W.-Y. Ouyang, F.-Y. Huang, Y. Zhao, H.-J. Xu and Y.-G. Zhu (2015). "Antibiotic resistome and its association with bacterial communities during sewage sludge composting." Environmental science & technology 49(12): 7356-7363.
- Ouyang, W.-Y., F.-Y. Huang, Y. Zhao, H. Li and J.-Q. Su (2015). "Increased levels of antibiotic resistance in urban stream of Jiulongjiang River, China." Applied microbiology and biotechnology 99(13): 5697-5707.