Lebenslauf / Akademische Ausbildung
My research studies focus on CO2 reduction in bio-electrochemical system. I am in particular interested in finding the most efficient and applicable way to convert CO2 to value-added products either using microorganisms directly (biocatalysts) or through bio-compatible chemical catalysts, which the products can be further fed to microorganisms, in electrochemical reactors.
Weiterführende Recherchen können Sie in unserem Publikationsverzeichnis durchführen.
- P. Izadi, M.N. Gey, N. Schlüter, U. Schröder, “Bidirectional electroactive microbial biofilms and the role of biogenic sulfur in charge storage and release” iScience, 2021.
- P. Izadi, JM. Fontmorin, B.Virdis, I. M. Head, E. H. Yu, “The effect of the polarised cathode, formate and ethanol on chain elongation of acetate in microbial electrosynthesis” Applied Energy, 2021.
- JM. Fontmorin, P. Izadi, D. Li, S. S. Lim, I. Head, E. Yu, " Gas diffusion electrodes modified with binary doped polyaniline for enhanced CO2 conversion during microbial electrosynthesis" Electrochimica Acta, 2021.
- P. Izadi, JM. Fontmorin, S. S Lim, I. M. Head, E. H. Yu, “Enhanced bio-production from CO2 by Microbial electrosynthesis (MES) with continuous operational mode” Faraday Discussions, 2021.
- P. Izadi, JM. Fontmorin, A. Godain, E. H. Yu, I. M. Head, “Parameters influencing the development of highly conductive and efficient biofilm during microbial electrosynthesis: the importance of applied potential and inorganic carbon source” Nature Partners Journal Biofilms and Microbiomes, 2020.
- P. Izadi, E. H. Yu, “Realizing Full Potential of Bioelectrochemical and Photoelectrochemical Systems” Joule. 2020.
- S. S Lim, JM. Fontmorin, P. Izadi, W. R. W. Daud, K. Scott, E. Yu, “Impact of applied cell voltage on the performance of a microbial electrolysis cell fully catalysed by microorganisms” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2020.
- P. Izadi "Comprehensive study of biocathode in Bio-electrochemical system (BES) for energy harvesting and CO2 conversion" PhD Thesis, Newcastle University, 2020.
- P. Izadi, JM. Fontmorin, I. Head, E. Yu, "High performing gas diffusion biocathode for microbial fuel cell (MFC) using acidophilic oxidising bacteria" Frontiers in Energy Research, 2019.
- P. Izadi, M. Rahimnejad, A. Ghoreyshi, "Electricity production and sulfide removal in two chambered microbial fuel cells" The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2015.
- P. Izadi, M. Rahimnejad, A. Ghoreyshi, "Power production and waste water treatment simultaneously by dual chamber microbial fuel cell Technique" Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, 2015.
- M. Rahimnejad, S. Hassaninejad-Darzi, P. Izadi, A. Ghoreyshi, A. SamadiMaybodi, "Surfactant modified ZSM-5 nanozeolite in the modification of carbon paste electrode for voltammetric determination of sulfide" Analytical and Bioanalytical Electrochemistry, 2015.
- P. Izadi, M. Rahimnejad, "Simultaneous electricity generation and sulfide removal via a dual chamber microbial fuel cell" Biofuel Research Journal, 2014.
- K. Hassaninejad-Darzi, M. Rahimnejad, M. Mirzapour-Armaki, P. Izadi, M. Peyghambarzadeh, "Modification of carbon paste electrode with surfactant modified ZSM-5 nanozeolite for potentiometric determination of sulfate" Desalination and Water Treatment, 2014.
- D. Li, S. Şahin, P. Izadi, MM Ghangrekar, N.M. Duteanu, B. Erable, K. Scott, E.H. Yu, "Biological and Microbial Fuel Cells" Elsevier, 2021.
- J.M. Fontmorin, P. Izadi, S. Rasul, E. H. Yu, "CO2 utilisation by Bio-electrochemical systems through Microbial electrochemical synthesis" Carbon dioxide utilization Vol. 2, De Gruyter, 2019.
- Pint of Science, Principles of Bio-electrochemical systems for non-expert audiences, Newcastle, UK, 2019.
- Member of conference organisers in SCI Electrochemistry Conference 2019 and EU-ISMET 2018.
- P. Izadi, M. Gey, N. Schlüter, U. Schröder, “Bidirectional microbial biofilms with sulfur based energy storage.” EU-ISMET, 2021, Girona, Spain (Virtual).
- P. Izadi, JM. Fontmorin, I. Head, E. Yu, " Strategies for increasing multi-carbon bio-products from CO2 by Microbial electrosynthesis (MES) " ISMET, 2019, Okinawa, Japan.
- P. Izadi, JM. Fontmorin, E. Yu, I. Head, " Critical factors affecting biocathode development and bio-production from CO2 reduction in Microbial electrosynthesis (MES)" IWA AD 16, 2019, Delft, The Netherlands.
- P. Izadi, JM. Fontmorin, E. Yu, I. Head, "Impact of the Poised Potential on the Interaction of Electrode and Bacteria in a Microbial Electrosynthesis (MES) for the Conversion of CO2" EU-ISMET, 2018, Newcastle, UK.
- P. Izadi, JM. Fontmorin, E. Yu, I. Head, "Microbial electrochemical synthesis of carbohydrates from carbon dioxide reduction" EFC, 2017, Naples, Italy.
- P. Izadi, JM. Fontmorin, I. Head, E. Yu, "High performing quick start gas diffusion biocathode for microbial fuel cell (MFC)" EU-ISMET, 2018, Newcastle, UK.
- P. Izadi, E. Milner, E. Yu, I. Head, "Investigating the effect of inoculum and substrate type on microbial fuel cells (MFCs) performance" EU-ISMET, 2016, Rome, Italy.
- Best oral presentation in SCI Electrochemistry conference, Newcastle, UK 2019
- CO2Chem conference travel bursary, 2019
- The AQA Unit Award as a volunteer tutor, Newcastle, UK, 2017
- 4 year PhD scholarship award of SAgE DTA, Newcastle University, UK, 2015