Dr. rer. nat.
Department Environmental Informatics
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ
Permoserstr. 15, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Tel: +49 341 235 1884
- Shallow Geothermal- Numerical modeling of heat transfer between Borehole Heat Exchangers and surrounding subsurface
- Analysis and optimization of long-term performance of Ground Source Heat Pump System (GSHP)
- Application of shallow subsurface for thermal storage
- Deep Geothermal
- Geothermal reservoir numerical model construction and analysis
- Analysis of coupled processes in the vicinity of wellbore
- Modelling partially saturated and multiphase flow process in the subsurface, with particular focus on the non-isothermal phase change behavior.
- Scaling and corrosion issues in high-temperature geothermal reservoirs
- Reactive Transport Modeling- Numerical modeling of water-rock interactions
- Geochemical processes under high temperature high pressure environment
- Geochemically coupled processes in the context of nuclear waste repository
- Software Development
- Implementation of relevant numerical schemes and features for the scientific software OpenGeoSys.
Winter Semester 2017-2018
Lecture, exercise and practice: Geoströmungsmodellierung (Geo-Fluid Modeling)
every Friday 07:30-09:00 (all weeks)
and 09:15-10:45 (odd weeks, e.g. KW43, KW45......)
TGB-22TT, Gustav-Zeuner-Straße 1a, 2. Obergeschoss, Freiberg
For students of this course, please find relevant course materials of each week.
Summary of publications and citations
ISI listed scientific publications as of Oct 2017: 30
Number of citations listed in ISI: 512 H-index: 12
ResearcherID, ResearchGate, ORCID
Featured Recent Publications
- Philipp Hein, Ke Zhu, Anke Bucher, Olaf Kolditz, Zhonghe Pang, Haibing Shao* (2016) Quantification of exploitable shallow geothermal energy by using Borehole Heat Exchanger coupled Ground Source Heat Pump systems, Energy Conversion and Management 127: 80-89. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2016.08.097
- Tianyuan Zheng, Haibing Shao*, Sophie Schelenz, Philipp Hein, Thomas Vienken, Zhonghe Pang, Olaf Kolditz, Thomas Nagel (2016) Efficiency and Economic Analysis of Utilizing Latent Heat from Groundwater Freezing in the context of Borehole Heat Exchanger coupled Ground Source Heat Pump Systems. Applied Thermal Engineering 105: 314-326. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2016.05.158
- Philipp Hein, Olaf Kolditz, Uwe-Jens Görke, Anke Bucher, Haibing Shao* (2016) A numerical study on the sustainability and efficiency of borehole heat exchanger coupled ground source heat pump systems. Applied Thermal Engineering 100: 421–433. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2016.02.039
- Haibing Shao*, Georg Kosakowski, Urs Berner, Dmitrii A. Kulik, Urs Mäder, Olaf Kolditz (2013) Reactive transport modeling of the clogging process at Maqarin natural analogue site. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth Parts A/B/C 64(1):21-31. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pce.2013.01.002
- H. Shao, T. Nagel*, C. Roßkopf, M. Linder, A. Wörner, O. Kolditz (2013) Non-equilibrium thermo-chemical heat storage in porous media: Part 2 – A 1D computational model for a calcium hydroxide reaction system. Energy 60: 271-282. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2013.07.063
05.2014 - today
W1-Junior Professor “Geothermal System Analysis”
in the Faculty of Geoscience, Geotechnics and Mining,
TU Bergakamedie Freiberg (TU BAF)
04.2010 – 10.2010
Earth Science Division,
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), Berkeley, CA, U.S.A.,
visiting researcher on the topic of numerical modeling of CO2 geological sequestration process.
08.2009 - today
Helmholtz Centre of Environmental Research-UFZ, Leipzig, Germany;
Research Assistant, Staff Scientist.
Member of the OpenGeoSys developers’ team.
PhD: 06.2007 – 07.2010
Helmholtz Centre of Environmental Research-UFZ, Leipzig, Germany
Dresden University of Technology (TU Dresden)
Grade: magna cum laude (sehr gut)
Master: 09.2005 – 05.2007
Applied Environmental Geosciences,
Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen, Germany
Grade: 1.2/5 (excellent)
Bachelor: 09. 2001 – 08. 2005
Tongji University, Shanghai, China