Prof. Dr. Matthias Groß
Supervision (MA, PhD etc.)
Before you contact me concerning thesis supervision (at U Jena), please read the following:
New Article (Free Access)
"Fixed Amidst Change: 20 Years of Media Coverage on Carbon Capture and Storage in Germany" by Danny Otto, Maria Pfeiffer, Mariana Madruga de Brito, and Matthias Gross. Available at: Access
Recent Books (Selection):
Matthias Gross and Linsey McGoey, eds. (Fully Revised Second Edition in 2023): Routledge International Handbook of Ignorance Studies. London: Routledge. Info
- First Edition discussed in The New York Times Info, The Washington Post Info, The New Humanist Info as well as blogs and academic outlets such as Prometheus Info.
Davidson, Debra J. & Matthias Gross, eds. (2018): Oxford Handbook of Energy and Society. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. Info
Telesiene, Audrone & Matthias Gross. eds. (2017, paperback: 2018): Green European: Environmental Behaviour and Attitudes in Europe in a Historical and Cross-Cultural Comparative Perspective. London: Routledge. Info. New edition in preparation.
Matthias Gross and Rüdiger Mautz (2014, paperback: 2015): Renewable Energies. London: Routledge (Key Ideas Series). Info. Persian Translation in 2018.
Current Areas of Expertise & Research
- Alternative Energy Systems
- Social Theory and Analysis
- Ignorance, Risk, and Knowledge
- Real World Experiments
- Ecological Restoration
- Science, Technology, and Engineering
- Happiness and Mobility
- Chemicals in the Environment
- Technology Development in the Context of Society