Dr. Tam V. Nguyen
- I am interested in understanding how catchments function (catchment-scale hydrological and water quality processes) under natural and anthropogenic impacts (changes in land use/land cover, agricultural practices, climate) at mesoscale catchments. My current research includes but not limited to using the travel times (specifically with the StorAge Selection functions) to understand catchment nutrient export at different spatial and temporal scales.
- I have developed several modified versions of the Soil & Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) for simulating regional groundwater flow in porous media, interbasin groundwater flow in karst-dominated areas, and flood routing, and the mesoscale Hydrologic Model (mHM) for modeling nitrate export
- I am the developer of R-SWAT, an interactive graphical user interface app (free, open-source) for parameter calibration/sensitivity/uncertainty analysis with the Soil & Water Assessment Tool (SWAT). R-SWAT was listed on the official website of SWAT.
Water Resources Research (1), Hydrology and Earth System Sciences (2), Hydrological Processes (1), Journal of Hydrology (3), Atmospheric Research (1). https://www.webofscience.com/wos/author/record/2212593
- Borriero, A., Kumar, R., Nguyen, T. V., Fleckenstein, J. H., & Lutz, S. R. (2022). Uncertainty in water transit time estimation with StorAge Selection functions and tracer data interpolation. https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-2022-222
- Nguyen, T. V., Nguyen, H. T., Tran, V. N., Le, M. H., Quang, B., Nguyen, H. T., ... & Do, H. X (2022). Uncertain Benefits of Using Remotely Sensed Evapotranspiration for Streamflow Estimation-Insights from a Randomized, Large-Sample Experiment. https://doi.org/10.1002/essoar.10512717.1
You could use our publication index for further requests.
2016 - 2019
Tran, D. A., Tsujimura, M., Vo, L. P., Nguyen, V. T., Nguyen, L. D., & Dang, T. D. (2019). Stable isotope characteristics of water resources in the coastal area of the Vietnamese Mekong Delta. Isotopes in Environmental and Health Studies, 55(6), 566-587. https://doi.org/10.1080/10256016.2019.1673746
Nguyen, V. T., & Dietrich, J. (2018). Modification of the SWAT model to simulate regional groundwater flow using a multicell aquifer. Hydrological processes, 32(7), 939-953. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.11466
Nguyen, V. T., Dietrich, J., Uniyal, B., & Tran, D. A. (2018). Verification and correction of the hydrologic routing in the Soil and Water Assessment Tool. Water, 10(10), 1419. https://doi.org/10.3390/w10101419
Nguyen, V.T, Graf, T., Guevara Morel C. R,. (2016). Free thermal convection in heterogeneous porous media. Geothermics, 64, 152-162. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geothermics.2016.05.006