Dr. Marina Golivets
Dr. Marina Golivets
Post-Doctoral Researcher Macroecology Group
Department of Community Ecology
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ
06120 Halle (Saale), Germany
Tel: (+49) 345 558 5223
I consider myself a plant and invasion ecologist with a background in ecology, forestry, and horticulture and a strong focus on quantitative data synthesis. My main research interests include plant competition, multispecies invasions in forest ecosystems, scale-dependence in the drivers of plant invasion, and traits-environment relationships.
AlienScenarios: Developing and applying scenarios of biological invasions for the 21st century
- Angulo, E., Diagne, C., Ballesteros-Mejia, L., Akulov, E.N., Dia, C.A.K.M., Adamjy, T., Banerjee, A.-K., Capinha, C., Duboscq, V.G., Dobigny, G., Golivets M., . . . & Courchamp, F. Non-English languages enrich scientific knowledge: the example of economic costs of biological invasions. Science of the Total Environment, In Press
- Lenzner, B., Latombe, G., Capinha, C., Bellard, C., Courchamp, F., Diagne, C., Dullinger, S., Golivets, M., . . . & Leung, B. (2020). What will the future bring for biological invasions on islands? An expert- based assessment. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution 8, 280. https://doi.org/10.3389/fevo.2020.00280
- Golivets, M., Woodall, C. W., & Wallin, K. F. (2019). Functional form and interactions of the drivers of understory non-native plant invasions in northern US forests. Journal of Applied Ecology 56(12), 2596–2608. https://doi.org/10.1111/1365-2664.13504
- Thom, D., Golivets, M., Edling, L., Meigs, G. W., Gourevitch, J. D., Sonter, L. J., Galford, G. L., & Keeton, W. S. (2019). The climate sensitivity of carbon, timber, and species richness covaries with forest age in boreal–temperate North America. Global Change Biology 25(7), 2446–2458. https://doi.org/10.1111/gcb.14656
- Golivets, M., & Wallin, K. F. (2018). Neighbor tolerance, not suppression, provides competitive advantage to non-native plants. Ecology Letters, 21(5): 745–759. https://doi.org/10.1111/ele.12934
- Golivets, M., & Bihun, Y. (2016). Patterns of plant species diversity in deciduous woodlands of Kyiv, Ukraine. Urban Ecosystems, 19(1): 489–503.
- Burda, R., Golivets, M., & Petrovych, O. (2015). Alien species in the flora of the nature reserve fund of the flatland part of Ukraine. Russian Journal of Biological Invasions, 6(1): 6–20.
- Golivets, M. (2014). Adaptive strategy of Impatiens parviflora DC. (Balsaminaceae) in the secondary range. II. Vitality structure of populations and ontogenetic strategy of the species. Ukrainian Botanical Journal, 71(3): 317–323. (in Ukrainian with English summary)
- Golivets, M. (2014). Adaptive strategy of Impatiens parviflora DC. (Balsaminaceae) in the secondary range. I. Patterns of population organization along the environmental gradient. Ukrainian Botanical Journal, 71(2): 161–172. (in Ukrainian with English summary)
- Golivets, M. (2014). Variation in quantitative seed traits of Echinocystis lobata (Minchx.) Torr. et A. Gray (Cucurbitaceae). Modern Phytomorphology, 6: 43–44.
- Golivets, M. (2014). Ecological and biological determination of invasion success of nonnative plant species in urban woodlands with special regard to short-lived monocarps. Urban Ecosystems, 17(1): 291–303.
- Pashkevych, N., Burda, R., Golivets, M., & Petrovych, O. (2014). Assessment of the distribution of alien plant species across the habitats of the Ukrainian Forest Steppe. Biodiversity: Research and Conservation, Suppl. 1: 75.