Work Package 4 - Informing and designing policies for sustainable landscapes
The WP agenda is rooted in qualitative and quantitative social research with a strong interdisciplinary character - between different social science disciplines and natural sciences (UPOL, OEKON, UPR,SUSOZ, NSF).
The Work Package 4 deals with the following interconnected lines of research:
Research on societal perceptions, values, behavior, and policy options
- What are the societal implications and people’s values and perceptions of land use options?
- How to include knowledge on human behavior (e.g. farmers) into modelling and policy design?
- How to design effective and legitimate policy, financing, and governance instruments for sustainable land use and biodiversity conservation?
- Which governance instruments are needed?
- Governance, policy, and societal context for modeling / socio-economic indicators
Science-society-policy interfaces (SPIs)
- What are the knowledge and research needs from policy and practice?
- Which knowledge, tools and guidance can scientists provide to support natural resource policy and management?
- How can science-policy-processes be improved?
- How to enhance networks, interfaces, and civil society participation?
Ongoing core projects
- Horizon-scanning for ecosystem services research (M. Darbi)
- Land-use scenarios for Germany for agriculture, forestry (including scenario development and analysis with stakeholders) (J. Priess)
- ‘Ecosystem Services’ in international environmental cooperation – evaluating past experiences and future potential to define a practice-driven research agenda (J. Rode, A. Berghöfer)
- Horizon-scanning on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and their application at the UFZ (K.Jax, M. Darbi)
Department of Environmental Politics
Department of Conservation Biology
Department of Economics
- Berghöfer, Augustin (UPOL)
- Dreßler, Gunnar (OESA)
- Egli, Lukas (OESA)
- Felipe-Lucia, Maria (ESS)
- Förster, Johannes (UPOL)
- Groth, Juliane (CLE)
- Hagemann, Nina ( OEKON)
- Heinz, Nicolai (UPOL)
- Hermans, Kathleen (CLE)
- Jax, Kurt (NSF)
- Kaim, Andrea (CLE)
- Marquard, Elisabeth (NSF)
- Massenberg, Julian (OEKON)
- Möckel, Stefan (UPR)
- Müller, Birgit (OESA)
- Priess, Jörg (CLE)
- Raab, Kristina (NSF)
- Schröter, Matthias (CLE)
- Schröter-Schlaack, Christoph (OEKON)
- Slabbert, Eleonore (BZF)
- Strauch, Michael (CLE)
- Vandewalle, Marie (NSF)
- Will, Meike (OESA)
- Wittmer, Heidi (UPOL)
- Wolf, Christine (UPOL)