The Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ and German Water Partnership (GWP) are jointly organizing a Summer School on ‘Integrated Water Resources Management’. The aim of the Summer School is the transfer of interdisciplinary knowledge for water resources management and the professional, technical and methodological exchange between participants and research institutions in Germany.
The programme of the IWRM Summer School covers topics from water science, research and administration and provides an insight into the German water sector. The programme comprises:
- key-note lectures on water resources management given by experts from research institutions
- presentations on ongoing IWRM research and development projects
- group work and discussions an sustainable water management approaches
- three-day GIS training course for beginners on Quantum GIS
- excursions to waterworks and waste water treatment facilities in Germany
- excursion to the German Federal Environment Agency (UBA)
- meetings with GWP members that represent the private German water sector to explore the potential for collaboration
- social programme: sightseeing in Berlin and Dessau, get-together in pub and restaurant, barbecue
Who can participate?
Master students, PhD students and young water professionals from Iran, Vietnam, Indonesia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan and Jordan can participate in the IWRM Summer School. Please send all required documents (CV, application form, letter of motivation, summary of research, transcript of records, application form ) via e-mail to Anja Alandt (firstname.lastname@example.org) before May 31, 2014.
Costs & Grants
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports 20 students from Iran, Vietnam, Indonesia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan and Jordan to participate in this Summer School.
- Course fee: fully funded
- GIS course: fully funded, bring your own laptop
- Accommodation (hostel) is fully funded
- Travel: lump sums will be funded: Indonesia 750 €, Iran 600 €, Jordan 500 €, Mongolia 850 €, Vietnam 675 €, Kazakhstan 550 €. Participants have to arrange arrival and departure by themselves.
Contact & More Information
You will find more information in the
Summer School Flyer
. You can also contact:
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ
Dr. Azmi Ghneim
German Water Partnership e.V.
Phone: +49 30 300199 1226