Saneesh Cherapurath Soman
My current doctoral research focuses on understanding separate and interactive effects of fire and grass presence on herbaceous and woody plant communities.
Other Research Interests:
• Population dynamics of plants
• Plant functional traits in relation to fire
• Factors influencing phenology of dry deciduous trees
• Forest resources in community managed lands
• Fire ecology
• Endemic flora and fauna of the Eastern Ghats
• Traditional ecological knowledge (TEK), land management, and livelihoods
• Citizen science (seasonwatch, ebird)
• Conservation education (wisdom walks to transfer TEK to young generations
V. Krishnamurthy, L. Mandle, T. Ticktin, R. Ganesan, C.S. Saneesh, A. Varghese. 2013. Conservation status and effects of harvest on an endemic multi-purpose cycad, Cycas circinalis L., Western Ghats, India. Tropical Ecology 54: 309-320.
U.V. Neeraja, S. Rajendrakumar, C.S. Saneesh, V. Dyda, T.M. Knight. 2021. Fire alters diversity, composition, and structure of dry tropical forests in the Eastern Ghats, India. Ecology and Evolution 11: 6593-6603.