UFZ EnergyDays 2018
Energy Landscapes of Today and Tomorrow
24 and 25 September 2018, KUBUS Leipzig
The Results have been published in a special issue of Energy, Sustainability and Society:
To discuss recent progress in research on the spatial dimension of energy transitions, we welcome abstracts related to the following subjects:
- Spatial allocation of renewable energies
- Spatial assessment of renewable energy potentials
- Environmental and social impacts of renewable energy expansion
- Governance of energy landscapes
- (Un)Fairness, (in)justice and (un)acceptance regarding the use of renewable energies
Organizers and Scientific steering committee
- Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ (Daniela Thrän, Erik Gawel)
- Leipzig University (Thomas Bruckner)
- Leibniz University of Hannover (Christina von Haaren)
- Leibniz Institute for Research on Society and Space (Ludger Gailing)
- TU Berlin (Thorsten Beckers)
The Energy Days 2018 feature two categories of submissions:
- Oral presentation
- Oral presentation accompanied by a conference paper. Selected papers will be invited to submit to a special issue in Energy, Sustainability and Society (ESSO)
The call for abstracts is closed.
Venue: KUBUS Leipzig, Permoserstraße 15 / 04318 Leipzig
Conference fee: Participation is free of charge.
Accommodation: A hotel contigent for the conference is available at IntercityHotel Leipzig, in the city centre of Leipzig, Tröndlinring 2 / 04105 Leipzig, Booking code: "EnergyDays 2018". Single room: 89 Euro per night incl. breakfast and ticket for local public transport. Double room: 109 Euro per night incl. breakfast and ticket for local public transport". Rooms must be booked until 30 July 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact