Current Key Activities
The experimental work comprises in research in laboratory and field focusing on the following methodical topics
- Chemoassays (reaction kinetics of toxicologically relevant processes)
- Bioassays (toxicological effects in vitro)
- Passive sampling (time integrated compound concentration)
- Sorption and other partitioning processes of chemicals
- Hydrolysis and other transformation processes of chemical substances
including chemical-analytical methods to determine the structure of abiotically and metabolically induced transformation products.
The theoretical research mainly comprises
- Models for the prediction of compound properties from the molecular structure
- Structure-activity relationships for the prediction of toxicological and ecotoxicological effects of chemical substances from their molecular structure
- Models simulating the compound distribution in biological and ecological systems
- Models on enzymatic catalysis (e.g. P450 oxidation processes, vitamin B12)
including quantum chemical and other methods of theoretical chemistry as well as applied mathematics (statistics, decision theory).