Photo: enterlinedesign/


All doctoral researchers at the UFZ are part of HIGRADE. Therefore, if you would like to become a member of HIGRADE, the first step is to apply for a PhD position at the UFZ. Please, check for open positions here (positions in English) or here (positions in German) .

If you have your own scholarship (e.g. DAAD), please submit an unsolicited application via the above-mentioned page(s). Please check the precise field/department you are interested in beforehand (see here).

Once you have an advisor and are accepted as doctoral researcher at the UFZ, you will be involved in our graduate programme.   

Please note that in addition to the participation in HIGRADE doctoral researchers have to be enrolled in the university/faculty which will award the doctoral degree. Further information on the University Doctoral Degree Regulations (Promotionsordnungen) can be found here.