External courses, e.g. summer and winter schools, workshops etc. can usually be recognised in HIGRADE*. Please contact us in advance to check if a specific external course can be approved in HIGRADE. If required, you can also ask HIGRADE for funding.
If you know about other upcoming external courses that might be interesting for other HIGRADE members, please contact us with further information.
Cooperating Graduate Programmes
Courses of Cooperating Graduate Programmes & University Academies
Please have a look at the websites for current course offers:
- BuildMoNa - Graduate School Leipzig School of Natural Sciences
- yDiv - Young Biodiversity Research Training Group
- RAL - Research Academy Leipzig
- CompeTE+ - qualification programme HTWK Leipzig
- IMPRS-gBGC - International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles
- IMPRS - The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques
- JSMC - Jena School for Microbial Communication
- AquaDiva - Collaborative Research Centre
- GA - Graduate Academy Jena
Winter Schools & Summer Schools
Regular Winter & Summer Schools in Europe
We summarized some relevant summer and winter schools for HIGRADE PhDs
Courses with UFZ Lecturers
- Block course Physical limnology at University of Heidelberg (with Dr. Bertram Boehrer)
- UFZ Winterschule: Ökologische Modellierung (with Michael Müller)
Other recommended trainings & courses
- HIFIS - Helmholtz Federated IT Services: Helmholtz-wide IT courses, Hackathons and more link
- HIDA - Helmholtz Information & Data Science Academy: Helmholtz-wide workshops, career events, conferences and more link
- Career services of universities, e.g. Career Service Leipzig University link
- Zentren für Hochschuldidaktik, e.g. Hochschuldidaktisches Zentrum Sachsen link
- Trainings of associations and societies, e.g. Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker link, Deutsche Geologische Gesellschaft link etc
- Gewerkschaft für Erziehung und Wissenschaft: Programm "Promovieren leicht(er) gemacht" link
- SMILE - Self Management Initiative Leipzig link
- Regular courses: Sicherheit in der Gentechnik (Leipzig) link, Good Manufacturing Practice (Germany) link, MLU Halle: Applied Geogology courses for externals (e.g. GIS) link
- Recommended institutes: e.g. High-Performance Computing Center (Stuttgart) link, Global School in Empirical Research Methods (St. Gallen etc) link, Helmholtz Graduate Schools link, Karolinska Institutet (Sweden) link, ETH Zürich (Switzerland) link, Institut für Qualitative Forschung (Berlin) link
- search engines: http://www.phdportal.com/ http://www.shortcoursesportal.com/
*Please note: Some external courses, e.g. language courses and MS Office, are not accepted for the HIGRADE curriculum.
**Please note: Online courses can potentially be funded and also acknowledged within HIGRADE given that a) the course content is relevant for your PhD project or your further career development, b) a certificate is provided after successful completion of the course and c) the course organizers provide explicit information on the workload related to the course. Please contact us if you are interested in taking part in an online course.