External courses, e.g. summer and winter schools, workshops etc. can usually be recognised in HIGRADE*. Please contact us in advance to check if a specific external course can be approved in HIGRADE.
If you know about other upcoming external courses that might be interesting for other HIGRADE members, please with further information.
Winter Schools, Summer Schools and other external courses
- 22-25 May 2018, Erkner, near Berlin (D): "Investigating Space(s): Current Theoretical and Methodological Approaches: Part 2 – Virtuality and Socio-Materiality" link
- 11-15 June 2018, Bordeaux (F): COTE Summer School “interactions between ecosystems and rural-urban fringes” link
- 25-29 June 2018, Opawskie Mountains (PL): "German-Polish Summer School on Pollination Ecology" link
- 02-06 July 2018, Western Estonia: "German-Estonian Summer School on Pollination Ecology" link
- 09-16 August 2018, Holzhau (D): "Learning and Gaining from your Model: A Course in Analysis, Application, and Publication of Individual/Agent-Based Models (IBM/ABM)" link
- 26-31 August 2018, Grindelwald (CH): "17th Swiss Climate Summer School" link
- 22 August- 1 September, Peyresq (F): 13th ALTER-Net Summer School "Biodiversity, ecosystem services: science and its impact on policy and society" link
- 03-07 September 2018, Göttingen (D): " Agent-based Modelling with NetLogo" link
- 31 October-04 November 2018, Utrecht (NL): "Utrecht Winter School on Earth System Governance" link
Courses of Cooperating Graduate Programmes & University Academies
Please have a look at the websites for current course offers:
Recurring UFZ Lectures, Colloquia and Courses
*Please note: Some external courses, e.g. language courses and MS Office, are not accepted for the HIGRADE curriculum.
**Please note: Online courses can potentially be funded and also acknowledged within HIGRADE given that a) the course content is relevant for your PhD project or your further career development, b) a certificate is provided after successful completion of the course and c) the course organizers provide explicit information on the workload related to the course. Pleaseif you are interested in taking part in an online course.