At the HIGRADE Conference, doctoral researchers in their final year present their work and HIGRADE alumni receive their HIGRADE Certificates.
HIGRADE Conference 2020
- status: will be postponed -
Posters 2020 (tentative)
Chemicals in the Environment
- 01 Afolarin Ogungbemi (BIOTOX) "Determination of mixture neurotoxicity using the hyper- and hypoactivity behavior of zebrafish embryo in the spontaneous tail coiling test"
- 02 Alexandra Schaffert (MOLSYB) "Molecular Characterization of Adverse Effects of BPA and Substitutes during human Adipocyte Differentiation"
- 03 Andreas Baumer (ZELLTOX) tbd
- 04 Bastian Polst (BIOTOX) "To shift or not to shift: Agricultural run-off induced regime shifts in phototrophic communities"
- 05 Bijing Xiong (UMB) "In vivo Mapping of Mycopshere pH at the Microscale"
- 06 Carolin Huber (WANA) "Strategies for Suspect and Non-target Screening of New Emerging Chemicals in Human Biomonitoring"
- 07 Christoph Rummel (BIOTOX) "Early biofilm attachment and succession on plastic substrata"
- 08 Eva Reiter (OEC) "How to measure the exposure to chemical mixtures in marine mammals? – Overcoming the difficulties of matrix effects"
- 09 Faith Kandie (WANA) "Occurrence and ecotoxicological assessment of organic micropollutants within Lake Victoria South Basin, Kenya"
- 10 Felipe Borim Corrêa (UMB) "Succession as a mean to reveal strain variation in complex microbial communities"
- 11 Flora Allendorf (AUC/ANA) "Biosorption and permeabilities of PFAAs and four of their alternatives and the effects on toxicokinetic behaviour"
- 12 Hannes Petruschke (MOLSYB) "Searching for the small unknowns - Discovery of novel small proteins in a simplified human intestinal microbiome"
- 13 Janek Paul Dann (WANA/ZELLTOX) "Comparative assessment of complex chemical mixtures in the water column, sediment and caged fish in the St. Louis Bay"
- 14 Jieying Zhou (TUCHEM) "Electrosorption of polar organic micropollutants on activated carbon felts"
- 15 Krupa Parmar (UMB) "Evaluating the effect of chemical compounds on prophage induction in soil and groundwater bacteria"
- 16 Mahsa Namini (UBT) "Mass balance of the degradation of bromoxynil in two German soils"
- 17 Mulatu Nanusha (WANA) "Target screening for fingerprints of (toxic) plant secondary metabolites in river waters by LC-HRMS"
- 18 Nadine Sossalla (UBZ) "Evaluating treatment efficacy of constructed wetlands by using effect-based methods"
- 19 Oliver Machate (WANA) "Pathogens and Pollution - The Impact of Pollution on the Occurance of Pathogens in Remote High Mountain Lakes"
- 20 Stefan Lips (BIOTOX) "How is the biofilm - metabolic insights into a universe of microbes"
- 21 Vid Švara (WANA) "Can organic micropollutants affect the genetic structure of aquatic populations: a case study on the riverine amphipod species Gammarus pulex"
- 22 Xin You (UMB) "Go with the Flow: Quantifying the Transport of Tracer Phages in Soil Matrices"
Ecosystems of the Future
- 23 Anna-Maria Madaj (BZF) "Predicting evolutionary dynamics of plant species in response to ongoing climate change"
- 24 Diana Derepasko (CLE) "Towards a multi-scale optimization model to support integrated river basin management"
- 25 Jean de Dieu Habiyaremye (BOOEK) "Both local environmental conditions and host tree identity shape tree rooting zone soil microbiome"
- 26 Julia Osterman (CLE) "Towards an integrated species and habitat management for a sustainable crop pollination"
- 27 Maria-Theresa Jessen (BZF/PhyDiv) "Reindeer shape intraspecific trait expression in response to nutrient enrichment and warming"
Environmental Engineering and Biotechnology
- 28 Adriana Cravo (UMB) "Skin microbial composition of frog species and distribution of Bd fungus in the Pyrenees"
- 29 Ali Shee (TUCHEM) "Reduction of halogenated organic compounds in water: comparison of catalysts and reagents"
- 30 Bruna Grosch Schroeder (UMB) "From animal gut systems to bioreactors: utilization of microbiomes and learning from the gut characteristics"
- 31 Frazer Musonda (BIOENERGIE) "The potential role of biochemicals towards German' climate targets"
- 32 Hieu Linh Duong (UMB) "What do calorimetric data tell us about fungal activities?"
- 33 Ingeborg Heuschkel (SOMA) "Establishment of a continuous production process of platform monomers by cycloalkane utilization"
- 34 Kristina Vogel (UMB) "Thermodynamic and kinetic investigations of equilibrium reactions of the glycolysis"
- 35 Lin Qian (TUCHEM) "Photochemical Degradation of perfluorinated compounds by Fe-zeolites"
- 36 Lisa Schäfer (SOMA) "Orthogonal pathway design for eco-efficient biocatalytic monomer production from cyclohexane"
- 37 Mohammad Sufian Bin Hudari (ISOBIO) "Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage: how temperature affects microbial community and groundwater contaminant biotransformation"
- 38 Nina Sophie Keller (ISOBIO) "Assessment of the effects of the releases of gases or heat on microbial communities in near-surface aquifers"
- 39 Pietro Benettoni (ISOBIO) "Localization and identification of nano-sized phases in biological matrices via high-resolution imaging"
- 40 Swamini Khurana (UMB) "Spatio-temporal heterogeneities affect microbial redox dynamics and nutrient cycling in the subsurface"
- 41 Theodor Mainka (UMB) "Influence of Fragmented Disturbances and Dispersal Networks on Bacterial Biomass Recovery and Contaminant Degradation"
- 42 Washington Logrono (UMB) "Ancient microbes can solve the energy storage problem"
- 43 Xiao Liu (ISOBIO) "Characterizing the fate of HCHs in soil and plant system using CSIA and EF
- 44 YuYing Jing (UBT) "Constructed wetlands microcosms with superabsorbent polymer and pumice for treatment of pesticides from agricultural runoff"
Smart Models / Monitoring
- 45 Jessica Hetzer (OESA) "The importance of plant geometry for grassland dynamics"
- 46 Johannes Leins (OESA) "Adapting grassland management to help insects cope with climate change - Predictions from a stage-based simulation model using high-resolution climate data"
- 47 Julia Schmid (OESA) "Modeling of grassland to understand its functional composition"
- 48 Laura Meier (OESA) "Accounting for organismal drift: of importance for understanding biocontrol of eutrophication in multi-stressed rivers"
- 49 Pallav Kumar Shrestha (CHS) "Comprehensible modelling of reservoirs for improving seasonal hydrological forecasting systems"
- 50 Timo Houben (CHS) "Shake out your aquifer's properties! What spectra tell you about the hydrogeological system"
- 51 Yan Zhou (ENVINF) "An Application of Multiattribtue Utility Theory for the Site Selection Problem of Riverbank Filtration System"
Water Resources and Environment
- 52 Guilherme Nogueira (HDG) "Hydrogeology a data-modelling assessment of flow dynamics and reactive potential at the interface of streams and riparian aquifers"
- 53 Judit Laufer (UMB) "Temporal and spatial variation of lake microbiomes in the Pyrenees"
- 54 Liana Liebmann (OEKOTOX) "Simplifying SPEARpesticides by using presence-absence data"
- 55 Muhammed Shikhani (SEEFO) "Applying seasonal forecasting in catchment-lake modelling for reservoir management"