At the HIGRADE Conference, doctoral researchers in their final year present their work and HIGRADE alumni receive their HIGRADE Certificates.
HIGRADE Conference 2019
- 08 May 2019, UFZ Leipzig: KUBUS -
We invite all UFZ colleagues and our cooperation partners.
Registration: Please register here by 29 April!
- Welcome & Opening - Prof. Hauke Harms, Dr. Jula Zimmermann & Dr. Iris Köhler
- Poster Pitches
4:30 pm Award Ceremony - Chair: Dr. Iris Köhler
- Awarding of HIGRADE certificates and poster prizes
- Keynote speaker: Dr. Hendrik Huthoff (Scientific Manager, Jena School for Microbial Communication)
5:30 pm Get-together
Chemicals in the Environment
- 1 Andrea Ebert (AUC) "From permeability to toxicity"
- 2 Anne Mendler (IMMU) "Chlorpyrifos and glyphosate treatment of commensal intestinal bacteria alters their modulation of MAIT cell activity in vitro"
- 3 Isabel Kratochvil (MOLSYB) "Proteomics to develop nanomaterial grouping strategies in vitro and in vivo"
- 4 Jannike Lea Krause (IMMU/MOLYSB) "Changes in pH can modify the ability of bacteria to stimulate MAIT cells"
- 5 Konstantinos Giannopoulos (ANA) "Characterization of nanoparticles and their coatings in complex media"
- 6 Sebastian Henz (OEKOTOX) "Modelling the effects of pesticides on the survival of aquatic macroinvertebrates"
- 7 Stephanie Schäpe (MOLSYB) "Structural and functional stability during changing retention times of complex intestinal medium in in vitro bioreactors of a simplified human intestinal microbiota (SIHUMIx)"
- 8 Erik Müller (WANA) "Computational models for pattern analysis of environmental mixtures"
- 9 Katharina Halbach (ANA) tba
- 10 Laura Krieg (MOLSYB) tba
Ecosystems of the Future
- 11 Sara Wahdan (BOOEK) "Metabolically active and total microbiome in rhizosphere soil response to climate change in grassland ecosystem"
- 12 Weiying Ouyang (ISOBIO) tba
- 13 Charlotte Wiederkehr (CLE) "Environmental change and human migration - insights from synthesis approaches"
- 14 Eleonore Slabbert (BZF) "Scale-dependent impact of land management on above- and below-ground biodiversity"
- 15 Juliane Groth (CLE) "Why farmers choose to migrate under changing environmental conditions in the Ethiopian highlands – a qualitative comparative analysis"
- 16 Lisanne Hölting (CLE) "Maintaining multiple ecosystem services: a European policy aim"
- 17 Luis Daniel Prada Salcedo (BOOEK) "Influence of tree species richness on fungal communities and their ecosystem functions in different types of European forests"
- 18 Marija Milanovic (BZF) "Trait-environmental relationship between native and non-native plant species"
- 19 Niklas Hase (CLE) "Measurements and simulations of seasonal changes in canopy reflectance of a deciduous forest"
- 20 Peter Dietrich (PHYDIV) "How does biodiversity loss affect the response of plant species to global change?"
- 21 Julia Palliwoda (CLE) tba
- 22 Maik Lucas (BOSYS) tba
- 23 Peter Hofmann (UMB/PHYDIV) tba
Environment and Society
- 24 Felix Reutter (OEKON) "Minimum distances for wind turbines – a model-based ecological-economic analysis"
- 25 Julian R. Massenberg (OEKON) "Is there such a thing as 'social values of ecosystem services' ?"
- 26 Matthias Jordan (BIOENERGIE) "Smart heating systems to fulfill climate targets in the German heat sector: findings from optimization modelling"
Environmental Engineering and Biotechnology
- 27 Bin Liu (UMB) "The best bet to boost reactor microbiomes not being lazy"
- 28 Federica Calabrese (ISOBIO) "Shaping single-cell metabolic heterogeneity in monoclonal microbial populations"
- 29 Michaela Löffler (ISOBIO) "Tracking hydrogenase activity with hydrogen stable isotopes"
- 30 Samuel Eziuzor (ISOBIO) "Anaerobic benzene mineralization by natural microbial communities from Niger Delta"
- 31 Mariam Karagulyan (UBT) tba
- 32 Sarah Sühnholz (TUCHEM) "New particles for protecting groundwater"
Smart Models / Monitoring
- 33 Lukas Egli (OESA) "Temporal effects of climate, crop diversity and inputs on the variability of global agricultural production"
- 34 Meike Will (OESA) "Count on insurance or on your friends? Modelling the effects of formal protection on risk-sharing networks"
Water Resources and Environment
- 35 Larisa Tarasova (CATHYD) "The flood cookbook: ingredients and regional flavor across Germany"
- 36 Alexander T. L. Vosshage (FLOEK) tba
- 37 Izabela Bujak (CATHYD) tba
- 38 Jarno Rouhiainen (CATHYD) tba
- 39 Philipp Keller (SEEFO) "Greenhouse gas emissions from dry inland waters: mechanisms and quantification on local and global scale"