At the HIGRADE Conference, doctoral researchers in their final year present their work and HIGRADE alumni receive their HIGRADE Certificates.
HIGRADE Conference 2019
- 08 May 2019, UFZ Leipzig: KUBUS -
We invite all UFZ colleagues and our cooperation partners.
Registration: Please register here by 29 April!
- Welcome & Opening - Prof. Hauke Harms, Dr. Jula Zimmermann & Dr. Iris Köhler
- Poster Pitches - Chair: Jieying Zhou
4:30 pm Award Ceremony - Chair: Dr. Iris Köhler
- Awarding of HIGRADE certificates and poster prizes
- Keynote speaker: Dr. Hendrik Huthoff (Scientific Manager, Jena School for Microbial Communication):
~5:30 pm Get-together
Chemicals in the Environment
- 1 Andrea Ebert (AUC) "From permeability to toxicity"
- 2 Anne Mendler (IMMU) "Chlorpyrifos treatment of commensal gut bacteria alters their modulation of MAIT cell activity in vitro"
- 3 Erik Müller (WANA) "Computational models for pattern analysis of environmental mixtures"
- 4 Isabel Kratochvil (MOLSYB) "Proteomics to develop nanomaterial grouping strategies in vitro and in vivo"
- 5 Jannike Lea Krause (IMMU/MOLYSB) "Changes in pH can modify the ability of bacteria to stimulate MAIT cells"
- 6 Katharina Halbach (ANA) "Toxicokinetic investigations on µm scale in the zebrafish embryo"
- 7 Konstantinos Giannopoulos (ANA) "Characterization of nanoparticles and their coatings in complex media"
- 8 Laura Krieg (MOLSYB) "Analysis of obesity-related biomarkers in human serum using LC-MS/MS"
- 9 Rohit Budhraja (ISOBIO) Comparative metalloproteomics of different anaerobically respiring microorganisms
- 10 Sebastian Henz (OEKOTOX) "Modelling the effects of pesticides on the survival of aquatic macroinvertebrates"
- 11 Stephanie Schäpe (MOLSYB) "SIHUMIx – an in vitro model of the human intestine to investigate environmental stressors"
- 12 Weiying Ouyang (ISOBIO) "Microbial degradation of antibiotic sulfamethoxazole under aerobic and anaerobic conditions"
Ecosystems of the Future
- 13 Charlotte Wiederkehr (CLE) "Environmental change and human migration - insights from synthesis approaches"
- 14 Eleonore Slabbert (BZF) "Scale-dependent impact of land management on above- and below-ground biodiversity"
- 15 Julia Palliwoda (CLE) "Tree cover and the use of ecosystem services in urban green infrastructure in the city of Leipzig"
- 16 Juliane Groth (CLE) "Why farmers choose to migrate under changing environmental conditions in the Ethiopian highlands – a qualitative comparative analysis"
- 17 Lisanne Hölting (CLE) "Towards maintaining multiple ecosystem services in European landscapes"
- 18 Luis Daniel Prada Salcedo (BOOEK) "Influence of tree species richness on fungal communities and their ecosystem functions in different types of European forests"
- 19 Maik Lucas (BOSYS) "Roots change the pore structure only if they have to – development of biopores and compaction around roots"
- 20 Marija Milanovic (BZF) "Trait-environmental relationship between native and non-native plant species"
- 21 Niklas Hase (CLE) "Measurements and simulations of seasonal changes in canopy reflectance of a deciduous forest"
- 22 Peter Hofmann (UMB/PHYDIV) "Phytoplankton trait shifts along environmental gradients in a species specific way"
- 23 Peter Dietrich (PHYDIV) "How does biodiversity loss affect the response of plant species to global change?"
- 24 Sara Wahdan (BOOEK) "Metabolically active and total microbiome in rhizosphere soil response to climate change in grassland ecosystem"
Environment and Society
- 25 Felix Reutter (OEKON) "Minimum distances for wind turbines – a model-based ecological-economic analysis"
- 26 Jingxia Wang (SUSOZ) "Urban green infrastructure matters!"
- 27 Julian R. Massenberg (OEKON) "Is there such a thing as 'social values of ecosystem services' ?"
- 28 Juliane Schicketanz (SUSOZ) "Walking or being brought to school by car? Understanding activity behavior of children through LINA cohort data, neighborhood analysis and walking interviews"
- 29 Matthias Jordan (BIOENERGIE) "Smart heating systems to fulfill climate targets in the German heat sector: findings from optimization modelling"
Environmental Engineering and Biotechnology
- 30 Bin Liu (UMB) "The best bet to boost reactor microbiomes not being lazy"
- 31 Federica Calabrese (ISOBIO) "Single-cell metabolic heterogeneity in monoclonal microbial populations"
- 32 Mariam Karagulyan (UBT) "Impact of bacterial biomass on the surface wettability of soil particles"
- 33 Michaela Löffler (ISOBIO) "Tracking hydrogenase activity with hydrogen stable isotopes"
- 34 Samuel Eziuzor (ISOBIO) "Anaerobic benzene mineralization by natural microbial communities from Niger Delta"
- 35 Sarah Sühnholz (TUCHEM) "New particles for protecting groundwater"
Smart Models / Monitoring
- 36 Lukas Egli (OESA) "Temporal effects of climate, crop diversity and inputs on the variability of global agricultural production"
- 37 Meike Will (OESA) "Count on insurance or on your friends? Modelling the effects of formal protection on risk-sharing networks"
Water Resources and Environment
- 38 Alexander T. L. Vosshage (FLOEK) "Bottom-up control of the top-down control: Biofilm’s food quality alters the foraging behavior of grazers"
- 39 Izabela Bujak (CATHYD) "Integrative isotope techniques to quantify nitrogen fate and transport across agricultural catchments"
- 40 Jarno Rouhiainen (CATHYD) "What can we learn form water transient times and nitrate isotopes in river catchments"
- 41 Larisa Tarasova (CATHYD) "The flood cookbook: ingredients and regional flavor across Germany"
- 42 Philipp Keller (SEEFO) "Greenhouse gas emissions from dry inland waters: mechanisms and quantification on local and global scale"
- 43 Daniele Frascareli (SEEFO) "Heterogeneity of land use and soil chemistry explain longitudinal differences in surface sediment geochemistry"
- 44 Chenxi Mi (SEEFO) "The formation of a metalimnetic oxygen minimum exemplifies how ecosystem dynamics shape biogeochemical processes"