MOSES Data Policy
The MOSES Data Policy outlines the principles adopted by MOSES regarding the sharing of data and data products. The objective of this document is to ensure and facilitate full and open access to scientific data and data products according to the superordinate FAIR Principles. This data policy is aligned with the principles on research data management agreed upon by the Helmholtz Association .
The MOSES Data Policy covers data and associated products to be publicly shared. It also requires the development of a Data Management Plan (DMP) as part of the central planning document of any MOSES-supported observation activity.
The data produced by MOSES are considered a public good and they will be made openly available for others to use. MOSES is committed to supporting long-term environmental data management to enable continuing access to these data. This document provides general directives and rules on how to share, re-use and cite all research data in order to:
- Ease collaboration among the participants to the MOSES initiative
- Ensure timely submission of data for the use within the consortium
- Protect researchers‘ intellectual property rights and rights to publish their results
- Build an homogeneous body of valuable scientific information on results observed within the MOSES network
- Provide the broader scientific community, public authorities and the general public with an easy access to integrated knowledge created by MOSES.
 Position paper “Making information resources more usable”