Thematic Field 4: Methods of data collection and information processing
Monitoring, modelling of processes and data
Speaker: Olaf Kolditz (UFZ/TUD), Hans-Gerd Maas (TUD), Peter Dietrich (UFZ), Lars Bernard (TUD)
Thematic field 4 at the Center for Advanced Water Research encompasses extensive know-how on intelligent combinations of monitoring procedures as well as process and data modeling.
The competences in this field comprise:
- Monitoring and acquisition
- Data management
- Data integration
- Process modeling
- Analysis and Synthesis
- Model coupling as well as
- Development, testing and adaptation of model systems.
As a cross-sectional field, the thematic field „monitoring, process and data modelling“ extends into all research areas at the Center for Advanced Water Research.
- IRTG-PhD: Deriving fractal structures of precipitation from diverse data and sensor networks
- DFG: RainTracer - Regen als Grundwassertracer
- BMBF-Project "COLABIS" (Collaborative Early Warning Information Systems for Urban Infrastructures)
- DFG-NSFC Sino-German Cooperation Group "Modelling Platform Prototype for Environmental System Dynamics - Poyang Lake Basin"
- BMBF-Project "BOOT-Monitoring"
- BMBF-Project "Managing Water for Urban Catchments" in Chaohu, China
- DFG-Project "Model Development for considering of refraction effects in the field of Airborne Laserscanning Bathymetry"
- Project "Urban Water Resources Management" within the Helmholtz Water-Network - Workpackage 5 "Geoinformatics"
- DFG-Project: " Photogrammetric concepts of virtual GLOF-monitoring level"
- BMBF-Project "ICOS-Deutschland"
- BMBF-Project "Global Assessment of Land Use Dynamics, Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Ecosystem Services (GLUES)"
- BMBF-Project: Urban Catchments - Managing Water Resources for Urban Catchments
- Project "Geoprocessing Appstore"
- Helmholtz-CAS-Netzwerk: Research Centre for Environmental Information Science (RCEIS)
- DFG/NNSF-Projekt: Symposia and groups of cooperations (Poyang Lake) within the sino-german water research (SGC – Sino-German Centre for Promotion of Science)
- Terrestrial Environmental Observatories (TERENO)
- VISLAB: Visualization Center
- Modular Observation Solutions for Earth Systems (MOSES)
- BMBF-Project "InternationalWaterAlliance Saxony (IWAS)"
- PhD-Project "Evaluation of tropical sites for reforestations based on based on innovative soil exploring and monitoring concepts"