At the HIGRADE Conference, doctoral researchers in their final year present their work and HIGRADE alumni receive their HIGRADE Certificates.
HIGRADE Conference 2017
- 10 May 2017, UFZ Leipzig: KUBUS -
> Please register here by 28 April 2017
2:00 pm Welcome & Opening
Prof. Georg Teutsch
Dr. Jula Zimmermann
2:10 pm Poster Pitches - Chair: Thomas Tippelt
2:45 pm Open Poster Session
4:00 pm Award Ceremony - Chair: Dr. Jula Zimmermann
- awarding of HIGRADE certificates and poster prizes
- presentation on her career and doctoral thesis: Prof. Erika Kothe (FSU Jena)
5:30 pm Get-together
Chemicals in the Environment & Health
- Angelica Muskus (UBT) "Pesticides in agricultural soils: degradation and fate."
- Beate Englich (IMMU) """Pretty women - and super size babys?"" Is cosmetic use during pregnancy priming infants obesity?"
- Eduoardo Marcos Balciunas (UBT) tba
- Katja Seidel (ISOBIO) tbc
- Langping Wu (ISOBIO) "Tracking the fate of Hexachlorocyclohexane in food web using isotope fractionation concepts"
- Liza-Marie Beckers (WANA) tba
- Matthias Klös (IMMU) "Breathless through childhood - What has the epigenome got to do with it?"
- Monica Andrea Vasquez (UBT) "Bacterial degradation of dimethylphenols in constructed wetlands"
- Richard Hegner (UMB) tba
- Steffi Franke (ISOBIO) "On isotopic tracks - unraveling dehalogenation in Dehalococcoides mccartyi"
Land Use, Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services
- Ana Maria Prieto Ramirez (NSF) "Realized niche and microhabitat-selection of the eastern green lizard (Lacerta viridis) at the core and periphery of its distribution range"
- Anja Narr (UMB) "Environmental viruses: abundance, community composition and isolates"
- Anna Hoschek (SOMA) "Exploiting photosynthesis for the production of bio-based chemicals"
- Annegret Grimm-Seyfarth (NSF) "Too hot to die? Effects of vegetation shading on past, present, and future activity budgets in two diurnal skinks from arid Australia"
- Christian David (SOMA) "Process development for the synthesis of value added compounds from carbon dioxide"
- Claudia Breitkreuz (BOOEK) “Impact of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) on stress resistance of winter wheat”
- Fabian Bonk (UMB) "How to train your biogas reactor: microbial resource management for enhanced process stability and flexibility"
- Johannes Lambrecht (UMB) "Revealing lights - using F420 fluorescence and cytometers to track down methanogens"
- Magdalena Mock (SOMA) "Photoautotrophic production of a TCA cycle intermediate by Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803"
- Marcel Grund (SOMA) "Quantitative physiology in cyanobacteria - can we uncouple the energy and carbon metabolism?"
- Rui Yin (BZF) "The effects of soil fauna on litter decomposition under different land use and their response to climate change"
Modeling & Monitoring
- Felix John (OESA) tba
- Maik Budzinski (BEN) "Monitoring the German wood-based economy using multi-regional input-output analysis"
- Nikolai Knapp (OESA) "How to estimate forest biomass with remote sensing?"
- Daniel Hertel (SUSOZ) "Modelling the urban heat island on the neighbourhood scale"
- Maximilian Ueberham (SUSOZ) "Urban personal exposure to ambient environmental stressors - a matter of spatio-temporal context"
- Salina Centgraf (UPOL) "Human scale development?! The case of energy cooperatives"
Water & Soil
- Ali Nawaz (BOPHY) "Linking the surface and subsurface fungi in Hainich Critical Zone Exploratory"
- Camila Knecht (UBT) "Fate of antibiotic resistant bacteria in two different constructed wetlands types"
- Eric Petermann (GWS, CATHYD) "Localization and quantification of groundwater discharge into surface water bodies"
- Franz Lehmann (ANA) "A new method for Germanium speciation using HPLC-ICP-MS"
- Frederic Leuther (BOPHY) "Impact of effluent irrigation on soil water infiltration"
- Gunsmaa Batbayar (ASAM) tba
- Michael Weber (SEEFO) "Optimal reservoir management for combining downstream river demands with sustainable drinking water supply"
- Muhammad Nasir Mahmood (HDG) "Investigating solute dynamics across stream-riparian interface"
- Nawras Ghanem (UMB) "Phages as vectors and indicators of biological information in the Earth‘s Critical Zone: transport aspects."
- Nico Schultze (BOPHY) tba
- Romy Wild (FLOEK) "Effects of agriculture on stream ecosystem functioning"
- Tanja Brandt (HDG) "Oxygen dynamics at aquatic-terrestrial interfaces"
- Valerie Wentzky (ASAM) "Seasonal and vertical trait dynamics in phytoplankton communities during oligotrophicatio"