At the HIGRADE Conference, doctoral researchers in their final year present their work and HIGRADE alumni receive their HIGRADE Certificates.
HIGRADE Conference 2018
- 20 March 2018, UFZ Leipzig: KUBUS -
Register here by 12 March 2018
- Welcome & Opening - Prof. Georg Teutsch, Dr. Jula Zimmermann & Dr. Iris Köhler
- Poster Pitches - Chair: Oliver Scheer (MOLSYB)
4:15 pm Award Ceremony - Chair: Dr. Iris Köhler
- Awarding of HIGRADE certificates and poster prizes
- Keynote speaker: Dr. Anne Schreiter (Executive Director at German Scholars Organization)
5:30 pm Get-together
Chemicals in the Environment
- 1 Muhammad Arslan Kamal Hashmi (WANA) "Endocrine disruption potential of Danube River water sample"
- 2 Sandra Baur (ANA) "Quantification of nanospecific, anthropogenic mass flows in the environment"
- 3 Lisa Bittner (ZELLTOX) "pH-dependent effects of pharmaceuticals in the zebrafish embryo"
- 4 Nelson Khan (UMB) "Fungal-Bacterial Reciprocity: Impact of mycelia on the mobilization and biodegradation of the organochloride pesticide hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH)"
- 5 Philipp Klöckner (ANA) "Determination of tire wear particles in the environment based on elemental composition"
- 6 Sophia Krause (AUC) "Desorption kinetics of organic chemicals from albumin"
- 7 David Leuthold (BIOTOX) "Light on, light off - How swimming behavior of zebrafish larvae indicates chemical exposure"
- 8 Stefanie Loth (IMMU) "Aromatic amino acid metabolites activate aryl hydrocarbon receptor and diminish immune cell function"
- 9 T. Oliver Scheer (MOLSYB) "Long non-coding RNAs in Retina Regeneration"
- 10 Stefanie Schulze (ANA) "Identification and Quantification of highly polar pollutants of industrial origin in drinking water sources"
- 11 Andreas Schüttler (BIOTOX) "Predicting cocktail effects of environmental chemicals on gene activity in zebrafish"
- 12 Naeem Shahid (OEKOTOX) "Adaptation of Gammarus pulex to agricultural insecticide contamination in streams"
Ecosystems of the Future
- 13 Sigrid Berger (BZF) "Effects of insect and pathogen exclusion on extensive grasslands under climate chage: first experimental results"
- 14 Andrea Kaim (CLE) "Keeping the Balance – Trade-offs between Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in Agricultural Landscapes"
- 15 Ricardo Schöps (BOOEK) "Linking land-use and plant functional identity to the rhizosphere microbiome."
Environment and Society
- 16 Daniel Hertel (SUSOZ) "Modeling the Urban Heat Island on the Local Neighborhood Scale"
- 17 Nina Lanzer (UPR) "Mining law and ethics of resource protection"
- 18 Felix Witstock (UPOL) "Civil Society Organizations and Climate Engineering"
Environmental Engineering and Biotechnology
- 19 Nicolas Cichocki (UMB) "Variation and dynamics of microbial communities revealed by flowcytometric approach"
- 20 Shujuan Lian (ISOBIO) "Biotransformation and inhibition effects of hexachlorocyclohexanes during biogas production from contaminated biomass characterized by isotope fractionation concept"
- 21 Daniel Reißmann (BIOENERGIE) "Is there a most efficient and environmentally-friendly way for the hydrothermal treatment of moist bio-waste? First indications of a multi-criteria analysis"
- 22 Muhammad Arslan (UBT) - title tbd -
- 23 Daniela Taraba (UMB) "Zooming in and out - through the microbial universe with metagenomics"
Smart Models / Monitoring
- 24 Ulrike Hiltner (OESA) "Long-term effects of selective logging on a production forest's succession of the Amazon"
- 25 Christoph Lehmann (ENVINF) - title tbd -
- 26 Erik Nixdorf (ENVINF) "Combining measurements, remote sensing and numerical modelling to assess multi-scale flow dynamics in groundwater-dependent environmental systems"
Water Resources and Environment
- 27 Hanna Hennig (CATHYD) "Water in the Desert - What can we learn from "sleeping" rivers"
- 28 Elisabeth Krueger (ASAM) "Capital Portfolio Assessment of Urban Water Supply Security under Global Change"
- 29 Felix Tritschler (MET) "The Myth of “Conservative” Salt Tracers in Groundwater – Revisited"
- 30 Benedikt Werner (HDG) - title tbd -
- 31 Katja Westphal (ASAM) "Multi-decadal trajectories of TP loading, transport and retention along a catchment gradient"
- 32 Xiaoqiang Yang (ASAM) "A new fully distributed analysis of nitrate transport and removal at catchment scale"