At the HIGRADE Conference, doctoral researchers in their final year present their work and HIGRADE Alumni receive their HIGRADE Certificates. The conference takes place twice a year, in spring and in autumn.
Next HIGRADE Conference:
HIGRADE Fall Conference 2016
- 26 September 2016, UFZ Leipzig: KUBUS -
2:00 pm Welcome & Opening (Prof. Georg Teutsch / Dr. Jula Zimmermann)
2:10 pm Poster Pitches
2:30 pm Open Poster Session
3:30 pm Award Ceremony
- awarding of HIGRADE certificates and poster prizes
- announcement of winners of UFZ Doctoral Award & UFZ Supervision Award 2016
- presentations of scientists on their career and doctoral thesis
Prof. Erika Kothe (FSU Jena)
from 5:00 pm Get-together
Chemicals in the Environment & Health
- Virginie Dubourg (MOLSYB) "Transgenerational effects of Benzyl Butyl Phthalate on immune cells"
- Fränze Vorreiter (MOLSYB) "Non protein-coding RNAs have functional roles in the immune system"
- Dominique Türkowsky (MOLSYB) "Protein modifications during degradation of chlorionated benzenes"
- Fabian Fischer (ZELLTOX) "Bioavailability of organic micropollutants in cell-based bioassays"
- Bilha Saina Chepchirchir (OEC) "Passive sampling for monitoring organic contaminants in a tropical river"
- Zishu Liu (UMB) "Stable or not? Pattern show you: evaluating the stability of microbial community with flow cytometry"
- Marcus Hillebrand (OEC) "Can computer-toxicological methods be applied confidently to assess the skin sensitizing (allergic) potential of organic chemicals?"
- Liu Yaqing (ISOBIO) "Masking of enantiomer and carbon isotope fractionation of α-hexachlorocyclohexane due to membrane transport in Sphingobium indicum strain B90A"
Land Use, Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services
- Juliana da Silva Menger (NSF) "Unraveling patterns and drivers of understorey bird species distribution in a Central Amazon forest - from communities to population genetics"
- Christian Kempe (BZF) "The influence of ant diversity on occurrence and conservation of the Dusky Large Blue Butterfly Maculinea nausithous"
- Harry Schindler tba
Modeling & Monitoring
- Henning Nolzen (OESA) "Modelling of newly emerging energy landscapes"
- Sebastian Lehmann (OESA) "Fast inverse modelling of dynamic vegetation models"
- Maria Langhammer (OESA) "Do Ecological Focus Areas help to protect the European brown hare? - A modelling approach"
- Abdul Jabbar Asadi (MET) "2D Probabilistic Prediction of Sparsely Measured Geotechnical Parameters Constrained by Tomographic Ambiguity and Measurement Errors"
- Xingmei Xu tba
Water & Soil
- Xiaoqing Liu (SEEFO) "Fractionation of OC pools from lacustrine sediment by a multi-step sequential chemical extraction procedure"
- Anna Pissarello (UBT) "Brown waters and climate change. Is there a link?"
- Gunsmaa Batbayar (ASAM) "Long noncoding RNAs in activated T cells"