At the HIGRADE Conference, doctoral candidates in their last year present their topics and HIGRADE alumni receive their certificates. The conference takes place twice a year, in spring and in fall.
photo: Verena Schaller, UFZ Leipzig
- Next HIGRADE Conference: 29 April 2015, UFZ Leipzig: KUBUS -
2:00 pm - 2:15 pm Welcome & Opening
2:15 pm - 3:00 pm Poster Pitches
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Open Poster Sessions
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm Award Ceremony incl. scientific presentations of one HIGRADE alumnus & one senior scientist
from 6:00 pm Get-together
Land Use Options , Biodiversity & Bioenergy
- Anja Schmidt (BZF) "Decomposition experiments in tropical rice fields - The influence of invertebrate decomposers"
- Christina Weißbecker (BOOEK) "About the subtle friendship of fungi and trees in China"
- Carla Porges (BOOEK) "Changes in rhizosphere microbial community association with different parental types of Arabidospsis thaliana MAGIC lines"
- Markus Meyer (CLE) "Spatially explicit environmental assessment of global biomass production at the regional scale"
- Juliane Horn (OESA) "Multiple stressors: using the honeybee model BEEHAVE to explore how forage gaps, foraging distances and supply affect colony resilience""
- Carla Gimkiewicz (UMB) "Steering microbial electrocatalysis: Syntheses with Gluconobacter as model case"
- Denny Popp (UMB) "No Pain, no Gain - Coumarin-Rich Plants as Alternative Substrates for Biogas Production"
- Jule Schulze (OESA) "Land use change induced by transforming the energy system - Insights from modelling human decision-making"
- Benjamin Korth (UMB) "The energetics of microbial power plants"
- Christophe Dominik (CLE) t.b.a.
- Tina Buchmann (BZF) t.b.a.
- Sophie Schelenz (MET) t.b.a.
Modeling, Visualization, Monitoring & Observatories
- Maximilian Lange (CLE) "Validation of Sentinel-products based on continuous spectral and Eddy-Flux-measurements"
- Benjamin Dechant (CLE) "Estimating photosynthesis from vegetation reflectance"
- Edna Rödig (OESA) t.b.a.
Water & Soil
- Tatiana Feskova (MET) "Application of the system-oriented geophysical approach to characterize the north-facing hillslope in the Weierbach"
Chemicals in the Environment & Health
- Melis Muz (WANA) "Diagnostic derivatization: A novel approach to identify aromatic amines in environmental matrices"
- Meng Hu (WANA) "Software-based strategies for the identification of unknown toxicants from LC-HRMS/MS data"
- Annelie Steinbach (UMB) "Influence of the soil composition on the colonization, function and phylogeny of microbial communities"
- Wolfgang Larisch (AUC) "A pure mechanistic PbTk-Model - Benefits and drawbacks"
- Luise Henneberger (AUC) "Sorption of organic ions to proteins - a highly charged topic!"
- Stephanie Schweiger (OEC) "Toxicity of organic compounds towards Saccharomyces cerevisiae"
- Chao Yang (ISOBIO) "Transformation of brominated aromtics by Dehalococcoides mccartyi strain CBDB1"
- Martin Krüger (UMB) "Application of fungi for the biodegradation of recalcitrant synthetic polymers"
- Kristin Hirte (ANA) "Hydrolysis as a key reaction of chemicals' fate"
- Sara König (OESA) "Recovering ecosystem functioning: The meaning of space for microbes"
- Vanessa Lünsmann (PROTEOM) "Toluene degradation in the rhizosphere: Protein-SIP uncovers the actively involved bacterial families and their mode of action"
- Rania Abdalla Babiker Saad (UBT) t.b.a.
- Cindy Weidauer (ANA) t.b.a.
- Loreen Thürmann (IMMU) "Epigenetic Pertubation of Genomic Regulatory Elements by Environmental Exposure and Consequences for Disease Risk"
- Julia Ortmann (BIOTOX) t.b.a.
- Marcus Winter (IMMU) t.b.a.
- Maria Vogel (TUCHEM) t.b.a.
Archive of previous conferences: