Department for Physiological Diversity
German Center for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv)
Deutscher Platz 5e
phone: +49 341 973 3228
My interests include vegetation, regeneration and seed germination ecology, trophic interactions, and systematic decision-making applied to the most pressing questions surrounding ecological restoration, conservation biology and ecosystem function. In the Biodiversity Synthesis and Physiological Diversity Labs, we explicitly investigate the entire set of community assembly processes that might affect the functioning of ecosystems (CAFE approach). We build on recent analytical advances and tools, including the Price equation, Structural Equation Modelling (SEM) and prioritization, to investigate how changes in species richness and composition driven by environmental change affect ecosystem function, to help develop the next generation of ecosystem-biodiversity interaction studies.
Find more at my personal research website: emma-ladouceur.github.io/conservation/
2014-2017: PhD, University of Pavia, Italy
2014-2017: Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher, The Native Seed Science Technology & Conservation (NASSTEC) Initial Training Network (ITN), Museo delle Scienze, Trento, Italy
2013-2014- Research manager, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Firn Research Group, Brisbane, Australia
2012-2013- Research officer, Centre for Mined Land Rehabilitation (CMLR), University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
2011-2012: MSc in Conservation Biology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, Mayfield Lab
2009-2011- Junior Planner, Environmental Planning, City of Toronto
2003-2007: Bachelor of Urban & Regional Planning, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
See a full visual CV on my website: emma-ladouceur.github.io/conservation/cv/
- Maria Tudela-Isanta, Emma Ladouceur, Malaka Wijayasinghe, Hugh W. Pritchard, Andrea Mondoni. 2018 The seed germination niche limits the distribution of some plant species in calcareous or siliceous alpine bedrocks. Alpine BotanyJennifer Firn, Emma Ladouceur, Josh Dorrough. 2018 Integrating local knowledge and scientific surveys to assess the impacts of an invasive exotic grass on critically endangered grassy woodlands Journal of Applied Ecology, Editors Pick , Volume 55, Issue 1, 321-330.
- Emma Ladouceur, Borja Jiménez-Alfaro, Maria Marin, Marcello De Vitis, Holly Abbandonato, Pietro Iannetta, Costantino Bonomi, Hugh W. Pritchard. 2017 Native Seed Supply and the Restoration Species Pool Conservation Letters (Early View)
- Emma Ladouceur, Margaret Morrow Mayfield. 2017 The early response of subtropical grasslands to restoration treatments Restoration Ecology. Volume 25, Issue 5, 689-695. (Fire Treatments Featured on Issue Cover)
- Emma Ladouceur, Rod Fensham (2012) Solanum Orgadophilum Fact Sheet. Fitzroy Basin Association.
- Sabastien Darchen, Emma Ladouceur (2012) Social sustainability in urban regeneration practice: case study of the Foritude Valley Renewal Plan. Australian Planner 50 (4): 340-350.
- Sabastien Darchen, Simon Huston, Emma Ladouceur (2012) De-risking transport-oriented development regeneration. Journal of Urban Regeneration and Renewal. 5 (3): 224-234.
- Sandeep Kumar Agrawal, Emma Ladouceur (2007) Design Review: Lessons for Toronto. Plan Canada. 47(1): 32-35.