- Socio-ecological systems
- Environmental change and human mobility
- Risks and vulnerabilities
- Ecosystem services
Since Jan 2017 PhD candidate in theat the Department Computational Landscape Ecology (CLE) at UFZ aiming to understand the causalities between environmental change and human migration in Ethiopia
Jun 2015 – Feb 2017 Research assistant at United Nations University – Institute for Enironmental and Human Security (UNU-EHS), Bonn, Germany
- Responsible for the GlaSCA project: "Water Availability in Central Asia – Vulnerability to Changing Glacier and Snowmelt Runoff Contributions to Central Asian Rivers"
- Conducting a risk and vulnerability assessment in Northern Kyrgyzstan
- Design and execution of field work activities: expert workshops, semi-structured interviews, household surveys, focus group discussions
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of empirical and geospatial data
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of expert interviews on the subject of „Climate change and it´s impacts on ecosystem services in the Alps“
- focus on ecosystem services, mountain research, human-environment relationship, natural hazards and risks
- Thesis: "Quantification of ecosystem services in the Alps and the Tian Shan – Using the example of freshwater in river catchments with special consideration of indicators and data availability"
- Thesis: "Numeric modelling and laboratory experiments of orientation patterns
of laterally transported objects"