Education and combined degree studies at the UFZ
Here you can view the currently advertised educational training places.
An attractive employer, varied assignments, a great team and the opportunity to work independently – this is what many job starters would like to see at their first place of work. An educational training place at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research offers all that and more: We believe that it is important for our apprentices and students from vocational academies to be able to continuously develop their personality as well as further their skills and abilities and enjoy their work at the same time. This is why we provide intensive personal supervision. With UFZ training you will be given the best prerequisites for your future career.
UFZ apprentices have repeatedly been distinguished for their outstanding performance as the best young skilled worker of the year by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
What you can expect
- an attractive training allowance according to the wage agreement for trainees in the civil service sector (TVAöD) – 853.26 EUR in the first year of training, 903.20 EUR in the second year of training, 949.02 EUR in the third and 1012.59 EUR in the fourth years of training (technical jobs).
- Additional allowances such as a so-called annual bonus (i.e. "Christmas bonus") every November, as well as a final bonus of 400 EUR for passing the final examination with a distinction as well as a bonus for any work which creates assets.
- Excellent training conditions (technical equipment, well-qualified trainers)
- an open, fair and good work environment for generating ideas
- Diverse activities like for example the UFZ’s summer event, the UFZ’s employee day,the UFZ’s health day, ...
- Sport and leisure options such as a volleyball court, table tennis, table football, a walking group, a fitness room, ...
The selection procedureAfter the deadline for applications, we go through all of the applications and shortlist the most suitable candidates, who we then invite to an interview and recruitment test. After a decision has been made, all applicants will be informed whether or not they were successful.
We are offering the following apprenticeshipsOffice clerk
Laboratory technician (biology)
Combined studies (vocational academy)
Have we aroused your interest? You can view available apprenticeships here when they are advertised from September to November.
You can find out more about the apprenticeships available at the UFZ and get some tips on how to apply for an apprenticeship on the Facebook page "Apprentices at the UFZ".
Your contact for all enquiries about apprenticeships is
Mrs Karin Wolff ( / Phone +49 341 235 4744).