Apart from HIGRADE funding there are of course many external funding opportunities. The Department of Scientific and Administrative Project Supervision (WAP) actively supports all UFZ staff in seeking external funding. A list with funding options open to UFZ is available in the
- GEO scholarship (stay abroad)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (biomedical lab work)
- FAZIT Stiftung (stay abroad)
- Bayer Foundations Fellowshop Program
- for conferences: PLOS ONE Early Career Researcher Travel Awards in the Physical Sciences
- Financial Support for your Open Access publications - affiliation to Leipzig University required
- Further training in Saxony, supported by Sächsische Aufbaubank: "Weiterbildungsscheck"
- Going abroad during your PhD: feel free to contact the International Office of your university for exchange programmes and funding!
- Funding at the end of your PhD: note that several universities offer scholarships for the final stage of your thesis.
Crowdfund your research