In 2011 delegates of SVEPM Annual Conference came to Leipzig!
Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research UFZ
Department of Ecological Modelling
Project group Ecological Epidemiology
D - 04318 Leipzig
building 1.0, room 211
mail: P.O.Box 500136, D-04301 Leipzig
e-mail: hans.thulke (at) ufz.de
- ecological epidemiolgy
- management-oriented disease modelling
- quantitative assessment in animal welfare
- good modelling practise for Animal Health
- disease spread and pattern formation
- modelling transmission - the finite and the infinite world
- rabies in foxes and the effect of oral vaccination
- CSF, ASF, FMD in wild boar
- small foxtapeworm echinococcus
- improving emergency control in livestock populations
- "impfen statt keulen" - "vaccinate to live" pro's and con's
- EFSA's Animal Health and Animal Welfare Panel (Vice Chair)(AHAW)
- SVEPM, Society for Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Junior Vice President
- Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Editorial Board
- DVG, Deutsche Veterinärmedizinische Gesellschaft
- EFSA: Working Groups on Animal Health issues, Animal Welfare assessments, and Guidance in risk assessment methodologies
- EMA: ad-hoc Scientific Advisory Groups
- FAO: ad hoc Scientific Advisory Group FMD in wild boar
- Centre of Excellence in Animal Welfare Science: Moving towards quantitative risk assessment in animal welfare
- International EPiLab: Reintroduction of wild boar into Denmark (Wildrisk)
- BMELV: Twinning Project Lithuania "Strengthening animal health control and contingency planning" - LT/2005/IB/AG/03
- WHO CC for Rabies Research & Surveillance: Emergency control
- Lectures: Universities of Cape Town (SA); Leipzig & Halle (D); BA Gera (D)
- Compound courses in Modelling, Statistics, Risk assessment
- Jose Enrique Sulbaran Romero (PhD), DAAD-Fellow, Venezuela
- Stefan Eberlein (Trainee), University Leipzig, Germany
- Finn Bastiansen, RIFCON GmbH, Heidelberg, Germany
- Christian Dietrich (Diploma), UFZ Leipzig, Germany
- Dirk Eisinger (PhD), freelancer, Germany
- Nestor Fernandez (PostDoc), Estación Biológica de Doñana, Spain
- Frank Hansen (PhD), freelancing consultant.
- Stephanie Kramer-Schadt (PostDoc), IZW, Leibniz Inst. for Zoo and Wildlife Research, Germany
- Dirk Krutinat (Diploma)
- Martin Lange (PhD), UFZ Leipzig, Germany
- Huibert Maurice (PhD), Dutch Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality, The Netherlands
- Katrin Meyer (Trainee), Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Germany
- Thomas Quintaine (PhD), Université de Reims Champagne Ardenne, France
- Henning Siemen (BoA), Uni Magdeburg, Germany
- Niko Speybroeck (PhD), MC-Fellow, Belgium
- Gideon Wasserberg (PhD), University of North Carolina at Greensboro, US
- *29th August 1966 at Halle/Saale.
- Studies of mathematics and biology at the University of Leipzig.
- Diploma in mathematics in June 1992.
- PhD degree (Dr.rer.nat.) in August 1996.
- 1996-1997 scientist at the Federal Research Centre for Animal Health, Wusterhausen/Dosse, Germany
- 1997-2002 PostDoc at the Department of Ecological Modelling in the UFZ, Leipzig, Germany.
- Since 2002 senior scientist at the Department of Ecological Modelling in the Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Reasearch - UFZ, Leipzig-Halle, Germany.