- Measurement of physicochemical properties of pure substances and mixtures;
- Leaching of soils, sediments and waste material;
- Passive sampling of organic pollutants in water and air (SPMD, MESCO, SPME);
- Trace analysis of organic substances (GC, HPLC).
- Chemical toxicity towards luminiscent bacteria and towards ciliates
- Structure-activity analyses of the toxicity of chemicals
- Quantum-chemical calculation methods (semiempirical, DFT, ab initio);
- Molecular modeling;
- Parameters to describe the molecular reactivity;
- Increment methods to predict compound properties from the molecular structure (own development software system ChemProp)
- Qualitative and quantitative structure-activity relationships;
- Multimedia models (fugacity theory + advection-diffusion equation);
- Applied statistics (multivariate techniques, continuous and categorial variables, simulation calculations to validate empirical regression relationships, artificial neural networks).