Research for the Environment
- Measurement of physicochemical properties of pure substances and mixtures;
- Leaching of soils, sediments and waste material;
- Passive sampling of organic pollutants in water and air (SPMD, MESCO, SPME);
- Trace analysis of organic substances (GC, HPLC).
- Chemical toxicity towards luminiscent bacteria and towards ciliates
- Structure-activity analyses of the toxicity of chemicals
- Quantum-chemical calculation methods (semiempirical, DFT, ab initio);
- Molecular modeling;
- Parameters to describe the molecular reactivity;
- Increment methods to predict compound properties from the molecular structure (own development software system ChemProp)
- Qualitative and quantitative structure-activity relationships;
- Multimedia models (fugacity theory + advection-diffusion equation);
- Applied statistics (multivariate techniques, continuous and categorial variables, simulation calculations to validate empirical regression relationships, artificial neural networks).
We welcome Jerzy Szydlowski. He is a doctoral student at the University of Gdansk (Poland) and will stay for one year in our department by a scholarchip from the German DBU.
ChemProp - new download link
Important: The ChemProp download has been moved to a new server. The old location provides all necessary information.
The current version is 6.2 (released on December 5 2014).
Be aware, older versions until 6.1 are expired already!
The change log is located here:
The license agreements as well as a poster about ChemProp (state of May 2012) are available for download:
Ji et al. 2015. Computational biotransformation profile of paracetamol ...
Chem. Res. Toxicol.
Petersen et al. 2015. Calibration of Chemcatcher® passive sampler ...
Environ. Sci.: Water Res. Technol.
Rovida et al. 2015. Integrated Testing Strategies (ITS) for safety assessment
Schäfer et al. 2015. Bioaccumulation in aquatic systems ...
Environmental Sciences Europe.
Brack et al. 2014. The SOLUTIONS project ...
Sci. Total Environ.
More information is available here:
Contact and News Feeds
Any questions to the department regarding internships as well as bachelor, master, diploma or dissertation theses):
The most visited pages are: